Immigration and Citizenship
Family and individual immigration:
- Family based Petitions to bring family members to the U.S. (“green cards”).
- Applications for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Adjustment of Status Applications for Permanent Residency for family members in the U.S.
- Marriage based Petitions.
- Fiancé visas.
- Travel documents and work authorizations.
- Nonimmigrant and Immigrant Waivers.
- Review and evaluation of immigration documents prepared by clients or others.
- Providing legal services and assistance to foreign born children residing in the U.S. to obtain legal immigration status and/or citizenship.
- Assistance with Visa Processing through U.S. Embassies and consulates abroad.
- Special Immigrant Juvenile Petitions
- Student Visas and Exchange Visitor J Visas.
- Visitor Visas.
- Extensions of nonimmigrant status.
- Change of nonimmigrant status.
- Consular processing.
Applications for “Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals” and employment authorization
Citizenship and Naturalization
- Case review and analysis to evaluate and support claims for U.S. citizenship.
- Assistance in obtaining proof of U.S. citizenship.
- Preparation of N-400, N-600, and N-600K Applications re citizenship.
- U.S. Passport Applications.
Employment based and General immigration matters.
While her immigration practice primarily involves adoption and issues regarding children and families, Ms. Lyford also handles general employer based immigrant and nonimmigrant matters, especially involving nurses and health care personnel because of her previous education and experience as a registered nurse.